• Begin packing common areas i.e. kitchen, living room, closets.
• Have family members begin packing personal belongings and files into boxes.
Tip 1: All heavy items such as books should be packed in small boxes
Tip 2: All boxes should be taped very well on bottom and top to ensure safe transport
Tip 3: Please be sure all loose and personal items are packed properly, & boxes are clearly labeled as to ‘who’ boxes belong to
• ensure you know where all your electronics and wires are packed for when you arrive at the new location.
• Reserve elevators and loading docks for moving day if needed.
• Coordinate changing of locks and access codes for new building. This ideally would be handled before move occurs.
• Finalize floor plans, seating arrangements, and electronics placement.
Tip 4: develop a color or number system in order to label important rooms and furniture
pieces. Put onto a blueprint of new rooms for reference. Make several copies.